Are you pushed to your stress limit but you think that going on regular spa treatments can max out your budget? Here are simple do-it-yourself tips on how to bring the spa right at your home. It’s simple and easily accessible, but most of all it’s CHEAP!
1. Find your comfort zone
It is best to find that spot in your house where you could relax and no one could bother you. Whatever room in your house, may it be your bathroom or bedroom, it’s best that you prepare it way before. Keep it as dust-free as possible, put candles or even incenses, and of course, music to help set the mood. The most important thing to keep in mind is put in anything that will help you stay relaxed.
2. Give time for yourself
Finding the right spot may just be one of the steps for your “spa-at-home”. However, even if you’ve created the perfect atmosphere for it, not giving time for it defeats its entire purpose. It’s best if you set your spa treatments during the weekends where there are a few distractions. Do not feel guilty for treating yourself, after all the stress, you deserve it!
3. Make your own spa program
A spa program can help you set a specific routine, thus enabling you to pamper yourself from your head down to your toes. It is recommended that your spa program includes the following:
- Use shower gel during your bath. You can use scented shower gels for aromatherapy purposes or mentholated shower gels for a cool feel.
- Since your skin is still soft after a bath, use a foot file to remove calluses or rough areas.
- Cuticles in both hands and feet can be pushed with nail sticks. After that, apply cream.
- To help keep the moisture locked in, apply lotion over your whole body, right after your shower.