No matter how busy we are, we should make time for making sure that our skin is always clean. It helps to be aware of the basic needs of our skin and to develop the habits that will lead to finer and fairer skin.
- Catch up on sleep. 7 to 9 hours of restful sleep daily is best for skin tissues to grow and heal. Try taking a 15-minute nap whenever possible to make up for lost snooze time.
- Cleanse your skin twice daily. Layers of make-up and dirt can clog your pores and cause breakouts. Make a research on the products which can thoroughly cleanse and wash away the dirt to reveal finer, fairer skin.
- Bid smoking goodbye. You may have tried stopping before, but this time keep in mind that each cigarette puff reduces oxygen in the blood, leading to dry, dull skin.
- Eat smart. A diet loaded with antioxidants such as Vitamins A, C, and E helps prevent the skin’s premature ageing. Start with five servings of fruits and vegetables daily to nourish your skin.
- Work up a sweat. Twenty to thirty minutes of exercise improves blood circulation and brings more nutrients to the skin, giving it a healthy glow.
- Load up on liquids. Particularly on water. Six to eight glasses of water daily keeps your skin supple and hydrated.
- Sun safely. The sun at the beach is the same sun that hits you in the city, so make sun protection a part of your daily routine. Get a facial moisturizer that shields the skin from the sun’s UV rays and keeps it naturally fair.
There are no shortcuts to effective skincare, so make sure that you develop these essential habits in your daily routine.