(2) We make sure that everybody does their bathroom duties before leaving the house. This will ensure unwanted discomfort and delay while on the road.
(3) Comfort food on a trip is still one of the best ways to make them fall asleep during the trip, so, we always bring lots of food to eat along the way. But I also make sure that these are drip-free and easy to eat. I always go for food that last until we reach our destination, I don’t bring food that needs refrigeration.
(4) When my kids were younger, I always pack toys for them, and I also include new ones to keep them occupied. I also ask them to bring at least 3 of their favorite books to read.
(5) We always have small throw pillows for aching backs and sleepy heads.
(6) Of course, I always remember to bring first-aid kit for minor cuts and bruises. The article on Travel First Aid is really very useful.
These really help us and although bickering couldn’t be avoided once in a while, we just consider it as part of our family bonding.